Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Dr. Sandra Bayley

Life Sketch for Sandra Bayley


I was brought up in Adventism from the age of five. I attended Red Hill Church in Brisbane and hung out with Nonie. I attended the Gap High School with Nonie and Geoff Catton and his older brother Rodney. I then went to Kelvin Grove Teachers College after school and the University of Qld. at night.

I taught primary school at the Gap and at Capalaba. I then completed a Diploma of Psychology and became a guidance officer in primary schools.

I married at 24 years old and moved away from the Church. I became unmarried at 26. I moved to Sydney to a great job at Sydney’s blue Light Clinic for venereal disease. I then moved to Forum Magazine as the consultant editor and educator on issues relating to sex. I noted a new medical school getting established in Newcastle, applied and was accepted in 1980. I was 30 by then, and was back to being a student again.

I have worked in general practice since this time. I treat a lot of people for anxiety and depression. I also treasure our beautiful planet and work in wildlife rehabilitation. My main focus these days is working towards solutions for adaptation to the crisis of global warming which is going to be dramatically changing the way we live our lives in the years ahead.

My mother died, aged 100 in 2006 and I now live in the family home with my husband Doug. We married in 2007.

__________________________________________-________

No comments: