Sunday, August 17, 2008

Personal History of Gay Grillmeier .....

My name is Gay Grillmeier. I am a sister of Nonie Hodgson and Chip Hedges and Joy Dove. I attended Queensland Teachers Training College from 1959 to 1960, and taught Home Economics at Cavendish Road High School from 1960 to 1963.

I married John Grillmeier (brother of Austin) in 1963, moved to Cooranbong and lectured at Avondale College till 1966.

We then lived in a variety of places in NSW, including Picton, Murwillumbah, Menindee and Inverell. Four wonderful children were born during this time.

In 1988 we moved back to Cooranbong where I lectured at Avondale College till 2005. I loved every moment of my teaching time there and miss the staff and students, now that I am retired.

John and I were divorced in 1995, and I have enjoyed being 'a woman of independent means' during the past 12 years. I have had the privilege of visiting Italy, USA, Antarctica, Nepal, Peru and Africa.

Am looking forward to meeting up with friends from the past and staying a few days at Maranatha.

Gay Grillmeier gaygem@aapt.net.au

____________________________




No comments: